My Experience with Mindfulness Using the Insight Timer App

Mindfulness - Purely People

Long, R. (director/ producer). (2012) Room To Breathe [film]. ZAP Zoetrope Aubry Productions.

Schwartz, K. (2019). Nine ways to ensure your mindfulness teaching is trauma informed. KQED Mindshift. LinkLinks to an external site.

Social Emotional Learning (2022, November 14). New York State Department of Education. https://www.p12.nysed.gov/sss/selLinks to an external site.

Why is Mindfulness Needed in Education. (n.d.). Mindful Schools. LinkLinks to an external site.

2 thoughts on “My Experience with Mindfulness Using the Insight Timer App”

1. Hi Alyssa, the app that you picked seems really interesting and beneficial to not only the teacher but the students as well if anyone is feeling overwhelmed. This is a great way to help them calm down and come away from the stress. It can be very hard for teachers to manage their stress when they have many expectations and need to be there for their students, this app seems like the perfect way for any teacher while they have a break away from their students to relax and destress. This can also be turned into a lesson on mindfulness and the teacher can have the students use the app as an activity. Overall seems like a great way to let students and teachers manage their stress in a healthy and safe way in the classroom.

2. Hello Alyssa,
    I really enjoyed watching your vlog post for this week. I think the app you picked is really important for both students and teachers. This app is useful to help students and teachers with anxiety, and when you’re feeling overwhelmed in life. As a teacher, I will have to be able to recognize when I’m overwhelmed, and this app could be a good outlet for me to use. The app can also help when making a lesson in mindfulness. I think we can all use this app to and recognize when our students are getting overwhelmed, and allow them to use the app in class and help them lower and control their stress. Overall, this app is a great choice for teachers and students to use when they are feeling overwhelmed.